The Seymour Public Library District will hold a Budget Referendum and Trustee Election on Friday, October 28, 2022, from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., at the library, 176-178 Genesee St., Auburn, at which time the polls will be opened to vote upon:
- The proposed 2023 operating budget of the Seymour Public Library District. Voters will be asked to vote on the following question: Do you approve of the 2023 budget of the Seymour Public Library District in the amount of $1,010,767 of which $924,000 will be raised by a property tax levied against real property within the district?
All registered voters in the tax district, which consists of the City of Auburn, the Town of Owasco, and the portions of the Towns of Sennett and Fleming that are within the Auburn Enlarged City School District, are eligible to vote on the budget.
- The election of one trustee of the Seymour Public Library District from the City of Auburn for a four-year term. Registered voters in the City of Auburn are eligible to vote for the Auburn trustee. One candidate, Clyde Howard, has submitted a petition to represent the City of Auburn and will be on the ballot.
- The election of one trustee of the Seymour Public Library District from the Town of Fleming for a four-year term. Registered voters in the portion of the Town of Fleming that is in the Auburn Enlarged City School District are eligible to vote for the Fleming trustee. No nominating petitions were submitted for the Town of Fleming.
A public hearing on the Proposed 2023 Operating Budget took place on Friday, October 7, 2022.
Seymour Public Library District held a public hearing on its proposed 2023 operating budget at 5 p.m. Friday, October 7. The meeting was held at Seymour Library, 176-178 Genesee St., Auburn.
A copy of the proposed budget is available here, and is also on file for review at the library during its regular hours, Monday through Wednesday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Thursday and Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Budget Referendum & Trustee Election—Facts for Voters
- 2023 Proposed Operating Budget
- 2022 Budget
- What Your Library Offers
Absentee Ballots are available.
To receive an absentee ballot:
1. You must be a registered voter in the library district.
2. You must complete an Absentee Ballot Application. Absentee Ballot Applications can be found online or at the library’s main desk.
Absentee Ballot Application (printable version)
- If requesting an absentee ballot by mail, the absentee ballot application must be received by Friday, October 21 by 5 p.m., at least (7) days before the election/budget referendum.
- If picking up an absentee ballot at the library, the absentee ballot application must be received the day before the election, Thursday, October 27 by 5 p.m.
3. The completed ballot must be returned to the library no later than 5 p.m. on the day of the vote (Friday, October 28, 2022).
Notice: The Board of Trustees shall make a list of all persons to whom absentee voter ballots have been issued, and have it available at the Library during regular office hours, Monday through Wednesday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Thursday and Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., until the day of the election. Such list will be posted at the polling place during the election.