Seymour Library has moved on to Stage 3 of our building reopening plan: Express Browsing. You can now browse the library’s collection in person!
We have changed our Monday hours to better accommodate the needs of our community. The library’s new hours are:
Monday, Thursday, and Friday 10 am to 3 pm
Tuesday and Wednesday 2 pm to 7 pm
Saturday 12 to 4 pm
Here are some precautions we are taking to help keep our library customers and staff safe:
- We have added hand sanitizing stations throughout the library.
- High use areas will be disinfected daily by library staff.
- Books and library materials will continue to be quarantined for seven days.
Please help us by:
- Continuing to return items to the library’s book drop before entering the building. This is part of our quartinine process.
- Wear a mask while in the library and follow physical distancing regulations.
- Follow room capacity signs indicating the number of people allowed per room. In compliance with NYS regulations, the library will operate at 50% its regular capacity.
Due to physical distancing, these services will be open by appointment only. Please call the library at 315-252-2571 to schedule a time to use these services
- The History Discovery Center
- Public computers stations (45 minute sessions by appointment)
We will continue to offer:
- Holds pickup: request your books online or over the phone (315-252-2571) and you will be notified through email, text or phone call when they are ready.
- Curbside pickup is available upon request.
- Library card sign-up online and in-person.
- 24/7 access to our eLibrary (OverDrive, Hoopla, and Kanopy), where library card holders can stream movies, music, eBooks,eAudiobooks and more for free! Explore our eLibrary!
- Access to free WiFi on library grounds between 6 am and 12 am (even when the library is closed).
- Printing services, including new print from home options. Call the library for more information.
Children’s Room Renovation
In preparation for construction, the Children’s Room will be closed. Popular collections from the Children’s Room have been relocated to the library’s new book room. Other collections around the library have been shifted to accommodate the change. The renovations, scheduled to start this winter, are phase one of our building improvement plan, developed from community feedback during the 2018 community discussions. More information will be available in the coming weeks!
We will continue to update you on the library’s Facebook page, eNewsletter, and website. Please continue to contact us with your questions at 315-252-2571 or by email at email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
Like everyone else, the library has had to change how we operate, from checking in books, to browsing and programming. We know a lot has changed and we appreciate all of your questions and comments.
Here are some of our most frequently asked questions that we have received from library users over the past two months.
We will continue to post updates on the library’s Facebook page, in our eNewsletter, and on our website. Please continue to contact us with your questions at 315-252-2571 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will continue to keep you up to date on any changes from the State, the Cayuga County Health Department, and local officials.
Introducing Book Bundles! Grab and go book bundles are available to pick up in the library’s lobby for check out. There are options for children and adults!
Personalized Bundles for Kids and Families
Seymour Library now offers personalized book bundles for kids and families. All you have to do is visit the library’s website at seymourlibrary.org/familybundles and fill out the form. Library staff will take your answers and create a personalized bundle of five items for your child based on their interests! Once your bundle is ready, you will receive a hold notification.
Wondering what to read next?
Check out our video book reviews by library staff on Youtube:
The library’s bi-weekly podcast “We Need To Talk About Books”:
And visit our Facebook page for more reading recommendations and suggestions: https://www.facebook.com/SeymourLibrary/