The Seymour Public Library District will hold a Budget Referendum and Trustee Election on Tuesday, October 26, 2021 from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., at the library, 176-178 Genesee St., Auburn, at which time the polls will be opened to vote upon:
- The proposed 2022 operating budget of the Seymour Public Library District. Registered voters in the City of Auburn, the Town of Owasco, and the portions of the Town of Fleming and Sennett that are in the Auburn Enlarged City School District are eligible to vote on the budget.
- The election of one trustee of the Seymour Public Library District from the Town of Fleming for a four year term. Registered voters in the portion of the Town of Fleming that is in the Auburn Enlarged City School District are eligible to vote for the Fleming trustee. No nominating petitions were submitted for the Town of Fleming.
Public Hearing on Proposed 2022 Operating Budget
Tuesday, October 5, 2021
Seymour Public Library District will hold a public hearing on its proposed 2022 operating budget at 6 p.m. Tuesday, October 5. The meeting will be held at Seymour Library, 176-178 Genesee St., Auburn.
A copy of the proposed budget is available here, and is also on file for review at the library during its regular hours, Monday through Wednesday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Thursday and Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Budget Referendum & Trustee Election—Facts for Voters
- 2022 Proposed Operating Budget
- What Your Library Offers
Absentee Ballots are available.
To receive an absentee ballot:
1. You must be a registered voter in the library district.
2. You must complete an Absentee Ballot Application. Absentee Ballot Applications can be found online or at the library’s main desk.
- If requesting an absentee ballot by mail, the absentee ballot application must be received by Tuesday, October 19 by 5 p.m., at least (7) days before the election/budget referendum.
- If picking up an absentee ballot at the library, the absentee ballot application must be received the day before the election, Monday, October 25 by 5 p.m.
3. The completed ballot must be returned to the library no later than 5 p.m. on the day of the vote (Tuesday, October 26, 2021).
Notice: The Board of Trustees shall make a list of all persons to whom absentee voter ballots have been issued, and have it available at the Library during regular office hours, Monday through Wednesday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Thursday and Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., until the day of election. Such list will be posted at the polling place during the election.