Read More! 2021
We’re beginning 2021 with a new reading challenge! This year we’ve prepared new categories to jump-start your reading and maybe get you reading outside of your comfort zone. Our categories for this year were designed to challenge you to read more!
The Read More! 2021 Reading Challenge (or Read More! 2021) invites you to read 24 books throughout 2021. That’s two books a month. We’ve also added two bonus categories for those of you who would like to challenge yourself further. And, while we’re not telling you specific books to read, you do have to read different types of books. This year’s categories include a book featuring a superhero, a feel-good read and a book you meant to read in 2020. Check out all of the categories below:
- A Thriller
- A book published in 2021
- A book featuring a superhero
- A Young Adult book
- An award-winning book
- A book about or featuring a book club
- A book with a map
- A book you meant to read in 2020
- A book that was recommended to you
- A book with a book on the cover
- A book featuring friends
- A book featuring a love-hate relationship
- A book that takes place in the future
- A book with a place name in the title
- A book about music or a musician
- A book about a famous person
- A book you see on display or advertised
- A book with a main character over 60
- A book everyone’s read except you
- A book about siblings
- A book about starting over
- A feel-good read
- A book about food
- A DIY (Do-It-Yourself) read
- A book about mental illness
- A book about the oppressed or freedom
Sound fun? You can take a look at our full challenge here: Read More! 2021 Reading Challenge. Feel free to print out a copy of our reading challenge at home or stop by the library to pick one up. Check off the books as you go (and use sites like GoodReads to keep track of what you’ve read).
But wait, there’s more! If you fill out the reading challenge and return it to the library by January 7, 2022, you’ll win a prize!
Want to participate but feeling a bit overwhelmed? Don’t worry, we’re here to help! We have suggestions for you! Or you can listen to our bi-weekly podcast, We Need to Talk About Books, where we discuss different books we’ve read or will be reading that fulfill different categories and talk about the great books that we’ve been reading. Plus, if you use social media, check out our Pinterest board for book suggestions and keep an eye on our other social sites throughout the year (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) as we’ll be offering book suggestions for the challenge there as well and be sure to tag us with #readmore2021.
Are you up to the challenge? Get ready. Get set. Get reading!
#ReadMore2021 #ReadingGoals #SeymourLibrary