Read More! 2020
We’re celebrating the fifth year of our reading challenge! This year we’ve prepared new categories, some celebrating our fifth anniversary and the year 2020, to challenge you and get you reading more!
The Read More! 2020 Reading Challenge (or Read More! 2020) invites you to read 24 books throughout 2020. That’s two books a month. We’ve also added two bonus categories for those of you who would like to challenge yourself further. And, while we’re not telling you specific books to read, you do have to read different types of books. This year’s categories include a book with an ugly cover, a graphic memoir and a book with a name in the title. Check out all of the categories below:
- A book featuring a love triangle
- A book originally written in another language
- A book with a name in the title
- A book that became a movie
- A book with a tree or leaves on the cover
- A book about a hobby
- A book on your to-read list
- A first/debut novel
- A book mentioned in another book
- A book told from multiple character point-of-views
- A book with a two-word title
- The next book in a series you started
- A book with an ugly cover
- A book with a nonhuman character
- A book by an author you’ve never read before
- A book with a person on the cover
- A book about a difficult subject
- A book with the number five in the title
- A book with a crown on the cover
- A reread of a favorite book
- A book written in or set in the 1920s
- A picture book
- A book published in 2020
- A graphic memoir
- A book set in Japan (home of the 2020 Olympic games)
- A book with “20” or “twenty” in the title
Sound fun? You can take a look at our full challenge here: Read More! 2020 Reading Challenge. Feel free to print out a copy of our reading challenge at home or stop by the library to pick one up. Check off the books as you go (and use sites like GoodReads to keep track of what you’ve read).
But wait, there’s more! If you fill out the reading challenge and return it to the library by January 8, 2020, you’ll win a prize!
We also offer the Read More! 2020 Reading Challenge for Kids! Younger readers can challenge themselves to read 12 books throughout 2020.
Want to participate but feeling a bit overwhelmed? Don’t worry, we’re here to help! We have suggestions for you! Or you can listen to our bi-weekly podcast, We Need to Talk About Books, where we’ll be featuring a different category each episode and talk about the great books that we’ve been reading. Plus, if you use social media, check out our Pinterest board for book suggestions and keep an eye on our other social sites throughout the year (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) as we’ll be offering book suggestions for the challenge there as well and be sure to tag us with #readmore2020.
Are you up to the challenge?
#ReadMore2020 #ReadingGoals #SeymourLibrary